Sunday, January 11, 2009

Flush

Today we had James' catheter flushed. We had to go to the ER to get it done since no offices are open on weekends! LOL The ladies there that took care of James were really nice! I was really pleased.

We got back there and at first they weren't sure what they were supposed to be flushing. I explained it to them and told them it needed a regular saline flush and what the catheter was. They then understood and took care of it.

I asked about the bandages since we had ran out of the clear things that go over it (tanagarm or something like that). They then cleaned the area around where the tube goes in and put on a fresh dressing.

James later said it felt like fire ants around it! :-( Poor guy! I felt bad for him! I noticed later there was a bit of blood so maybe that on top of the cleaning stuff felt that way? Not sure. He said it stopped.

Then he has been feeling really tired tonight! :-( I hope he will be felling better and have energy! I need to call the benefits place tomorrow to see if we can get to MD Anderson! I really hope it works out! I'll update tomorrow probably!

No comments: